by James Rada, Jr. | Photography by Phil Grout
John Burdis opened Hanover Toyota on Carlisle Pike in 1990, when Toyota identified the area as a place where a dealership would thrive. Since that time, Burdis’ enterprise has expanded to include multiple Hanover dealerships: Hanover Lots for Less (2007), Hanover Nissan (2012), Hanover Off-Road & Accessories (2015), and Hanover Volkswagen (2017).
Together, the businesses are known as the Hanover Auto Team.
“We have been successful with sales, but it’s more important that we’ve been successful with customers,” says Burdis.
Employing a total of 160 people, the Hanover Auto Team continually earns high marks for customer service. Hanover Toyota has earned the President’s Award for the past 24 years.
“I would say there are less than five dealerships in the state that have done that,” Burdis said.
The Hanover Auto Team also works to keep its employees happy, which can be seen in the decades of service some of them have.
“If employees are satisfied with their careers, then it will have a positive effect on how they treat our customers,” said Steve Moore, general manager of Hanover Toyota.
Between their new and used vehicles, the staff at Hanover Auto Team can find you just about any car you might want. Their cross-dealership inventory ranges from a low-priced used vehicle to a $90,000 Toyota Sequoia. And they can service your vehicles, no matter the make or model. Lots for Less on Dart Drive in Hanover also offers a collision repair center.
Besides selling vehicles, the Hanover Auto Team also prides itself on supporting the community, whether it’s sponsoring sports teams or historical society concerts.
“We don’t advertise a lot of what we do, but I feel strongly about supporting the community, especially faith-based organizations,” Burdis said.
Hanover Auto Team
1830 Carlisle Pike, Hanover • 866-979-4468
- Hanover Toyota is now a NAPA-certified service center.
- Now that spring is here, the Hanover Auto Team has entered its buying season.
- Burdis doesn’t even like cars. (He considers himself a people person.)
- Hanover Auto Team general managers meet several times a week to coordinate their efforts.
- If you buy a vehicle at a Hanover Auto Team dealership, you are enrolled in the Hanover Advantage Program, which offers a number of perks, including complimentary maintenance on your vehicle for the first year.
- The vehicle inventory ranges from 70 vehicles at Lots for Less to more than 200 vehicles at Hanover Toyota.
- Hanover Toyota also offers a rental car service.
- The Hanover Auto Team offers loaner cars and shuttle service, so customers don’t have to wait at the dealership while their car is being service.
- Customers can browse through the inventory online to pick out what they want before they visit a dealership.
- Among the organizations that the Hanover Auto Team supports are: Westminster Rescue Mission, Special Olympics, Camp Hill Little League, Hanover Athletic Booster Club, and Eastern Adams Regional Police Department.